If you are using a mobile device, more info is available with the screen rotated to landscape.
|Date||First Match||Last Match||Club|
|03/03/2019||15:15||20:15||Old Tauntonians & Romsey|
|17/03/2019||15:15||20:15||Ampfield & North Baddesley|
|24/03/2019||16:15||19:15||Compton & Chandlers Ford|
If your club is performing the duty night obligations on a Sunday evening, the following should be a guide for you.
Note that matters are simplified if you have at least 2 club members present at all times of the evening - the job is too demanding for one person.
1. Check the start time of the evening's fixtures, and arrive at Places Leisure Eastleigh at least 20 minutes before the start of the first match.
2. Collect the indoor cricket yellow plastic box from reception, and check that the following items are present:
3. Take these items up to the balcony over the main play courts, where a table should be already there for you, and set up the electronic scoreboard:
Use the Basketball setting - there isn't one for indoor cricket.
Check that the equipment is working properly by counting a few runs (1, 2 and 3 on the left) and overs (1, 2 and 3 on the right) on the board.
4. Make sure the teams are arriving on time and if necessary inform the late arrivals that they conceded the toss.
Before play starts, make sure that each team about to play a match has completed and signed a team sheet including the full names of all 6 players.
Identification of any players under 18 is mandatory, as they need to wear a helmet at all times while batting. Junior wicketkeepers may use a faceguard when standing up close to the striker instead.
If there is no scorer then either one of the 6 players is required to score throughout the match, they recruit someone willing to score for them at a negotiated fee or incur a 5 point penalty for failing to provide a scorer.
5. During play on each court:
6. At the end of each innings get the final score (runs and wickets) from the scorers - they will first confirm with each other that they are in agreement. Note this score on the fixtures list as players will often want to know if their rivals/friends playing other fixtures that evening won or lost. You could print a copy from the website and bring it with you.
7. At the end of each match, make sure that the triplicate is completely filled in and check before separation that the following are correct:
8. At the end of the evening, check that you have received the following items:
Last Updated: 26th September 2018